07 May Vegan week diary with photos
“What do you eat, if you don’t eat meat, cheese or eggs?” “Can you only eat salad and vegetables?” “Is it not boring to be vegan?”
It’s quite shocking but people think that vegans only eat “rabbit food”. I must say that I eat a lot of salads and I do love vegetables. However, this is a matter of my personal preference for healthy food.
I’ve also noticed that a lot of people don’t go vegan because they’re afraid that they will be too limited in their food choices.. First of all, mother Earth provides between 1000 and 2000 different plant-based foods all year round. Second, the supermarkets offer a wide range of processed vegan food. There’s enough vegan food, I promise!
To proof you this, I’ve kept a food journal for a week. Excuse me that the food that isn’t layed-out as a instagram worthy pic, but I just took a quick snapshot of my food before eating – more realistic than this it can’t be!
Hopefully you get inspired by my vegan food diary and you realize that a vegan diet is very variated and delicious.
1. Oats made with almond milk, topped with banana, blackberries, walnuts & cinnamon
3. Quinoa buddha bowl; brocoli, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, celery, parsnips & pumkin seeds
4. Home made pizza; tomato sauce with grilled vegetables, spinach & pily pily oïl
- Fruit salad
- Asian cole salad + steamed brocoli + tomato salad + green beens & shaved almonds and pumkin seeds
- Nakd bar made from dates and nuts
- Home made guacamole with onion & tomatoes & complete whole grain crackers
- Ripe banana
- 15 Almonds
- Wok with rice noodles & vegetables
- Salad; lettuce, corn, celery, carrot, cherry tomatoes, avocado & vegan pesto
1. Vanilla soy yoghurt with blackberries & watermelon
2. Brown rice with brocoli, baby corn, a asian cole salad + shaved almonds
3. Nakd bar made from dates, raisins and nuts
4. White beans cooked withcarrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, tomatoes & onion
- Fruit salad
- Buddha bowl; lentils, snowpeas ,bell peppers & onions
- Twister fries (yes I’m guilty)
- Lettuce, white beans, corn, tomatoes & mustard/olive oil dressing
If you want me to do more vegan food diaries, let me know in the comments!